Nissan Leaf Spy OBD2 Tool
The perfect tool for your Nissan Leaf or e-NV200. With an ever increasing amount of Nissan EV/HV vehicles on the road this is an excellent and cheap tool to have in your gloverbox.
This is what you've been looking for to use with the Nissan Leaf app for Android and iOS. This tool uses the older v1.4 which is compatible with the app. There are many many units out there which simply do not work, we have tested this out ourselves so don't be fooled into buying poor quality devices.
As well as working with the Nissan Leaf Spy app it also functions as a OBD2 reader to be used with other apps and your OBD2 compliant vehicle.
This unit uses Bluetooth 5.0 so works on both Android and iOS devices.
Nissan Leaf Spy Lite App for Android can be found on the Play Store here - Free
Nissan Leaf Spy Pro App for Android can be found on the Play Store here - $25NZD
Nissan Leaf Spy App for iOS can be found on iTunes here - $35NZD
The Leaf Spy App allows anyone with a Nissan Leaf or e-NV200 and Android or iOS device the ability to monitor their battery and other vehicle information normally visible only to the dealer.
Please Note: We only supply the unit to connect to Leaf Spy, for any app/vehicle related queries please contact the app developer.
Leaf Spy Features:
- Voltage of each of the 96 cell pairs (highlighted if shunt active)
- Minimum, average, maximum cell pair voltages
- Histogram of cell pair voltages
- Battery Temperature readings (4 sensors for 2011/12 models, 3 for 2013 models)
- Battery AHr rating (this will decease with age and is an indication of remaining capacity)
- Number of Quick Charge connections
- Number of L1/L2 Charge connections
- EVSE Max available amps
- EVSE voltage
Additional information displayed by Leaf Spy:
- Battery energy level in GIDs & kWh
- Resetable energy usage meter
- Graphic display of SOC, GIDs and DTE (Distance to Empty)
- Remaining distance meter (miles/km) to Event (Low Battery Warning, Very Low Battery Warning or Reserve) based on user selectable energy efficiency
- Graphic display of battery temperature with min, avg, max temperatures
- Ambient Temperature
- Logging function that records most data and optionally GPS location to a csv file that can be easily imported into excel.
The "Pro" version adds the ability to perform functions normally requiring a visit to the dealer.
- Change automatic door lock/unlock settings
- Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
- Register Tire Positions (required after tire rotation or seasonal tire changes so your Leaf knows the correct location of each tire on the car)
- Ability to reset DTCs from selected ECUs
- Control VSP Sounds on 2011- 2017 Leafs. (Nissan disabled this function on 2018 and newer Leafs.)
- Clear P3102 DTC after a battery replacement.
For more in depth questions about the app we recommend you consult the Leaf Spy Guide
|Manufacturer Coverage||OBD2, Nissan EV|
|Systems Coverage||Engine, Battery SOH|